Three of NSW’s brightest stars have been charged with breaking social distancing laws, but it won’t cost them their State of Origin spots. Blues assistant coach Greg Alexander has confirmed …
Continue reading Behaviour won’t cost NSW trio Origin spotsA factory shutdown for Formula One teams and engine makers has been extended for a second time to a period of 63 consecutive days due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the …
Continue reading Formula One extends coronavirus shutdownJohn Moore is looking forward to the challenge of setting up a stable with his brother Gary in Sydney after reaching a compulsory retirement age in Hong Kong. Moore, 70, …
Continue reading John Moore set to join Sydney training ranksSouth Australia’s best races have special significance on more than one level for jockey Dean Holland. After starting his riding career in Adelaide, Holland has forged a successful career in …
Continue reading Dean Holland drops the weight for G1AFL players remain concerned about being separated from loved ones for extended periods if they are forced into quarantine hubs. AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and his decision makers are …
Continue reading Players want to see family in AFL hubsWestern Bulldogs defender Isabel Huntington has been named the 2020 AFLW Rising Star. Huntington received 33 of a possible 40 votes from the eight-person voting panel – including the maximum …
Continue reading Bulldogs’ Huntington wins AFLW Rising StarStar Carlton midfielder Madison Prespakis has become the first teenager to collect the AFL women’s best-and-fairest. Last year’s Rising Star winner only got better in her second season, polling 15 …
Continue reading Blues’ Prespakis named AFLW’s best playerState of Origin star Nathan Cleary has labelled his behaviour “naive” in an apology for breaking social distancing laws on Anzac Day. The 22-year-old was fined by NSW Police and …
Continue reading Cleary apologises as NRL aim for restartRugby Union Players Association boss Justin Harrison says plans from former Test captains for reinvigorating rugby in Australia aren’t a “magic formula” to cure the troubled code. Harrison and incoming …
Continue reading Test skippers meeting no magic rugby cureWHAT THE NRL SEASON WILL LOOK LIKE: * REGULAR SEASON (20 ROUNDS) The opening two rounds of football will stand, with 18 more to be played. The first game will …
Continue reading How the NRL season will lookA small cut put paid to Bandersnatch’s Hawkesbury Guineas bid but trainer Gerald Ryan says it looked a lot worse than it was. Well supported into favouritism leading up to …
Continue reading Bandersnatch to try again at RandwickThe NRL has announced a 20-round restructure of this year’s competition after finalising negotiations with broadcasters on Tuesday. The rejigged draw includes the two rounds already completed, meaning an additional …
Continue reading NRL announce 20-round league seasonThe AFL has reportedly stopped Western Australian clubs training in larger groups following complaints from Victorian teams. WA premier Mark McGowan this week lifted the local limit on outdoor gatherings …
Continue reading WA clubs’ head start prevented by AFLLatrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr have both been charged with firearms offences following their controversial weekend camp. NSW Police confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that the duo had been charged and …
Continue reading Mitchell, Addo-Carr charged by policeThe four NRL players caught breaching social distancing guidelines will avoid immediate bans with South Sydney’s Latrell Mitchell and Melbourne’s Josh Addo-Carr both fined $20,000. The NRL confirmed on Tuesday …
Continue reading NRL quartet fined for breaches but no bansTrainer Dan O’Sullivan had some anxious moments before learning his filly Affair To Remember had scraped into the field for the Group One Australasian Oaks. Affair To Remember was among …
Continue reading Affair To Remember on track for Australasian OaksFormer Penrith supremo Phil Gould has called for Nathan Cleary to be banned for the season as the NRL investigates whether he broke social distancing laws. Cleary could find himself …
Continue reading Gould calls for NRL season ban for ClearyThe NRL is investigating whether Nathan Cleary broke social distancing rules on Anzac Day after a photo emerged of him with a group of women. The Nine Network on Tuesday …
Continue reading NRL investigate Nathan Cleary over visit
