THE QUEENSLAND OAKS (2400m) TO BE RUN AT EAGLE FARM ON SATURDAY
* Set weights for three-year-old fillies
* First run in 1951 (winner Maltmaid)
* Evening Peal (1955), Mode (1971), Analie (1973), Denise’s Joy (1976), Surround (1977), November Rain (1981), Triscay (1991), Slight Chance (1993), Arctic Scent (1996), Ethereal (2001) and Winx (2015)
* Ethereal went on to win the 2001 Caulfield Cup-Melbourne Cup double while Winx (2015) won the Epsom Handicap and Cox Plate.
* Four of the past 10 Oaks winners have been favourites, with Winx getting up last year at $1.95.
“They haven’t missed a beat,” said trainer Robert Smerdon on his runners Chabaud, Dulverton and Zafiki.
“Both are genuinely staying bred and both are very strong at the finish,” said trainer Clarry Conners about his two representatives Queen Of Wands and Dawnie Perfect.
Article from JustHorseRacing.com.au