Kenjorwood likely to line-up in 2016 Villiers Stakes Field

Darren Weir has scrapped Villers Stakes plans for Rageese, but Victoria’s premier trainer is still likely to be represented in Sydney racing’s summer feature.

Weir said seven-year-old gelding Kenjorwood would probably head to Sydney for Saturday’s $250,000 Group Two Villiers Stakes over 1600m raced at Randwick after his last-start second over the same distance in an open handicap on the Pakenham Cup program.

The Villiers had been the plan for stablemate Rageese until he finished unplaced in the Festival Stakes in Sydney last Saturday week.

“I was going to take Rageese but he’s in the paddock,” Weir said.

“Kenjorwood will be entered for sure and it’s probably a good race for him, really.

“He’s fourth up now. First-up he just needed the run and his next two starts have been really good.

“He’s a tough horse on the speed.”

Kenjorwood has won over the Randwick mile in his only Sydney appearance in an open handicap on heavy ground in July last year when trained by Peter Moody.

 

Article from JustHorseRacing.com.au

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!