All six Warriors players penalised for breaching team protocol with their off-field behaviour late last month have returned to the full squad, managing director Jim Doyle says.
Six players were dropped for the Warriors’ NRL match against St George Illawarra last week amid allegations five of them had mixed prescription drugs with energy drinks.
Manu Vatuvei, Ben Matulino, Bodene Thompson were also ruled ineligible for last Friday’s trans-Tasman Test against Australia in Newcastle.
Albert Vete, Sam Lisone and Konrad Hurrell were also dropped after admitting they breached team protocol with their off-field behaviour in the wake of the 42-0 Anzac Day loss to Melbourne.
Vatuvei, who last week was granted leave on medical grounds, rejoined the squad on Monday as the Warriors prepare for their 10th-round clash against Penrith in Christchurch.
Doyle said the players had already apologised to their families, teammates and the club’s football staff and on Monday they also made an apology to Warriors staff, sponsors, members and fans.
“We’re sorry for the embarrassment we’ve caused everyone who works for and supports the club,” the players said in a statement.
“We have a lot of work to do to regain respect from those around us.”
Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden said his sole focus was now on football.
“Today is very much about moving forward for us as a club with a huge game this weekend against Penrith in Christchurch.”