Reynolds vows to remain at Redfern

20160825_135005.jpg
Reynolds vows to remain at Redfern

Adam Reynolds has rubbished speculation he is set to follow halves partner Luke Keary out the door at South Sydney.

While contracted at Redfern until the end of next NRL season, the No.7 has been linked to Parramatta after their failure to snare Jarryd Hayne.

He was rumoured to be restless at Redfern and earlier in the year it was reported he had asked the Rabbitohs for a release to the Gold Coast.

The Rabbitohs could be reticent to let the NSW playmaker go, especially with five-eighth Keary shifting to local rivals Sydney Roosters next season.

Reynolds described reports he could seek an early release as a figment of the media imagination and said he wanted to remain long-term.

“It’s a good club,” he said. “I’ve grown up in the area and lived here all my life.

“I’m still contracted next year and I haven’t spoken to anyone. They’re all rumours at the moment.”

NSW coach Laurie Daley, who handed Reynolds his State of Origin debut this year, on Wednesday said that if he was in charge of rebuilding Parramatta, he would chase the 26-year-old.

Reynolds described himself as a guaranteed starter for Sunday’s clash with Newcastle despite being forced to sit on the sidelines for the second half of Monday’s shock win over Cronulla because of concussion.

“As soon as I got up I felt sweet, I felt fine,” he said.

“I went off the field but thought I’d be alright to go back on.

“The doctor looked at the tape and said it wouldn’t be a good idea. That’s the medical advice and you have to back their decision.”

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!