Raiders confident Sezer still coming

Canberra are confident Aidan Sezer’s NRL contract with the Raiders remains rock solid following news Daly Cherry-Evans reneged on his multi-million dollar deal with Gold Coast.

Sezer is still open to pull out of his move to the Raiders next season before the June 10 deadline, and the Titans might make a late bid to keep the halfback after Cherry-Evans’ stunning backflip on Wednesday to remain at Manly.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was confident Sezer would see out his three-year commitment.

“We never had any doubt on that,” he said.

“We’ve spoken to he and his manager (Sam Ayoub) a number of times, so I wouldn’t anticipate any change.”

Furner said Cherry-Evans’ decision had been “tipped for a while”.

“I’m not sure that that’s a big surprise, so I can’t see a change,” he added.

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!