Trainer Ken Keys will consult Rich Enuff’s owners before deciding whether the horse will run from barrier 22 in the Group One Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes at Caulfield.
“There’s nothing we can do about it, it’s just whether we accept it or not,” Keys said.
“The reality is there’s not much for him for a month or so.
“I’ll speak to the jockey, I’ll speak to the manager, but it wasn’t ideal, that’s an understatement.”
The four-year-old will come in four stalls if the emergencies don’t start and Keys says the outside draw is better for the horse than barrier one.
Keys also noted Rich Enuff overcame a wide gate to win the Caulfield Guineas Prelude 12 months ago.
A majority share in the son of Written Tycoon was sold to Woodside Park last year and Keys said the stud would have a significant say in whether Rich Enuff ran on Saturday.
“The owners have a vested interest in keeping his statistics looking so good from the stud side of things,” Keys said.
“But at the end of the day you are a racehorse and you can’t win races by staying at home.
“He’s already got a level but he’s not going to get to the next level if he doesn’t run in them.”
Keys feels the four-year-old is in peak condition for Saturday’s race after a gallop at Cranbourne on Wednesday.
Rich Enuff has had two runs back following an injury-enforced break over the autumn, returning with a second placing at Caulfield last month before running sixth in the Bobbie Lewis Quality at Flemington on September 5.
He will have a new jockey at Caulfield in James McDonald, replacing Damien Oliver who will be aboard the Lee and Anthony Freedman-trained Disposition.
Rich Enuff is a $16 chance for Saturday’s race with Disposition the $3.40 favourite.