Shadow Handicap Field – 2015

The Final Field has been released for the 2015 Shadow Handicap which is to be run at Doomben on Saturday 30th, May 2015 at 3:17AM. View the Shadow Handicap Field.

BONUS BET: Sign-up to Sportsbet.com.au via this link for a $501 Shadow Handicap BONUS BET!

Race 6 – 3:17PM MITTYS BRIGHT SHADOW HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
Of $100,000.1st $64,000, 2nd $20,000, 3rd $10,000, 4th $4,000, 5th $2,000 LISTED
Quality, Minimum Weight 56kg, Fillies and Mares, Weight Raised 2kg, Apprentices cannot claim.

Field Limit: 16 + 5 EM

No Horse Trainer Jockey Barrier Weight
1 ENQUARE Jason McLachlan Daniel Griffin 15 58kg
2 REAL SURREAL Kelso Wood Glen Boss 13 58kg
3 CHAMPAGNE CATH Chris Waller Hugh Bowman 10 57.5kg
4 LITTLE BROWN HORSE Kelly Doughty Geoffrey Goold (a) 14 57kg
5 DUBLIN LASS Peter & Paul Snowden Tommy Berry 6 56.5kg
6 MINIATURE John O’Shea James McDonald 9 56kg
7 ESPIRITU Stephen Lee 7 56kg
8 SATURN ROCK Tony Crane Larry Cassidy 1 56kg
9 FARE WELL Clarry Conners Jim Byrne 12 56kg
10 TAMBO’S JEWEL Stuart Kendrick 5 56kg
11 SLOTS Grant Marshall Michael Cahill 16 56kg
12 GLENBAWN DAME Toby Edmonds Jeff Lloyd 2 56kg
13 HIDDEN PEARL Barry Lockwood Bridget Grylls (a) 3 56kg
14 ATHENA FIRE Matthew Dunn Timothy Bell 11 56kg
15 BONETE (NZ) Joseph Pride 4 56kg
16 TANGENT Jon Walk Tegan Harrison 8 56kg

 

News:

Star apprentice Luke Tarrant is set to appeal a six-week suspension for reckless riding.

Tarrant is only the third Queensland jockey in a decade to be found guilty of reckless riding, one of racing’s most serious charges.

He rode Jumbo Prince in the Grand Prix Stakes at Doomben on Saturday and faced two charges from incidents going out of the straight for the first time.

Tarrant pleaded guilty to careless riding during the meeting and was suspended for eight meetings.

However, he asked a charge of reckless riding involving interference to several runners in the first 100m be adjourned.

Tarrant pleaded not guilty to reckless riding on Tuesday but admitted he had been careless.

He said he was upset Sydney jockeys Hugh Bowman and James McDonald had accused him of being reckless.

“It makes me sick to think other riders thought I would do that deliberately. I can say 100 per cent that I had no intention to cause any interference,” he said.

“Call me dumb. I can only repeat it was 100 per cent not deliberate and I cannot see it was therefore reckless.”

However, chief steward Alan Reardon said his panel found the interference was at the highest level of carelessness.

“That is why we issued the reckless charge. We are not saying you went out there to do it but your actions were reckless,” he said.

Tarrant asked for his good record be taken into account but Reardon said because it was an important race a hefty sentence had to be imposed.

The suspension will start on Sunday night and be served concurrently with the original eight-meeting ban.

Tarrant said he would seek legal advice with a view to appealing both suspensions.

He has been booked for several key rides towards the end of the Queensland winter carnival.

Tarrant is second in the Brisbane jockeys’ premiership and he won won the BRC Sires’ Produce Stakes on Look To The Stars on Saturday.

 

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!