P B Lawrence Stakes 2016 next for Lord Of The Sky

Robbie Laing is putting all talk of a possible overseas sale of Lord Of The Sky behind him to concentrate on his next racing assignment.

The now six-year-old bounced back to form with an emphatic win in Saturday’s Group Three Bletchingly Stakes at Caulfield, his first win in two years.

In the corresponding race 12 months ago, Lord Of The Sky went amiss with a severe tendon injury.

His form leading up to that race had been impressive, including a narrow second to Chautauqua in the TJ Smith Stakes and second to Flamberge in the Goodwood, both Group One sprints.

Laing says there has been interest from French and English bloodstock agents while a new player from America has come on the scene after Saturday’s victory.

“There’s some American interest for a race. I’m not sure what the race is called,” Laing told Melbourne’s RSN927.

“I haven’t heard anything more about the French and English offers but they’re looking at his replays today.

“All that I can do is put my head down and get the horse ready for his next assignment which is the Lawrence.”

Lord Of The Sky will be having only his second start at 1400m when he runs in the P B Lawrence Stakes at Caulfield on August 13.

He ran seventh in the Manifold Stakes at Flemington in January 2015 at his only attempt.

His performance in the Lawrence will determine if he presses on to the Memsie Stakes a fortnight later chasing an all-important Group One win.

“The Lawrence will be slightly weaker than the Memsie and hopefully he can bowl to the front and have an easy time,” Laing said.

“I don’t think the trip will be a problem.”

Laing says if Lord Of The Sky is sold overseas he will not continue as his trainer.

 

Article from JustHorseRacing.com.au

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!