Holden Racing Team pair James Courtney and Garth Tander are staying mum on their Supercars future, even if they already know where they’re headed in 2017.
Courtney is steering clear of the media at the Sandown 500, but Tander batted away questions after a strong qualifying effort on Saturday.
The future of the championship-winning duo is the talk of the garages at the Melbourne circuit.
Both are out of contract at year’s end, when their Walkinshaw Racing team loses manufacturer support from Holden.
Last month, the carmaker announced it was ending a 26-year association with the popular team, and shifting allegiances to dominant force Red Bull Racing.
With in-demand young gun Scott McLaughlin having announced his 2017 move to DJR Team Penske, the focus is firmly on where Courtney and Tander will find their drives next year.
McLaughlin said the loss of manufacturer support from his Volvo-aligned team influenced his decision to leave Garry Rodgers Motorsport but Tander said it was “not particularly,” a factor in his move.
“I’ll worry about next year next year. I’m worried about tomorrow (right now),” he said after qualifying second for the Sandown 500.
“I know what I’m doing next year. I’ve got a fair idea (but) I’m not telling you.”
Courtney has been linked to a move to Nissan and Prodrive Racing teams but is now set to stay with Walkinshaw as reported by Fairfax Media.
Courtney’s manager Alan Gow has previously stated Courtney has agreed a deal to stay in the sport, without specifying where.