Kyrgios eyes ‘more time off’ next year

Nick Kyrgios has indicated he may play fewer tournaments in 2017.

In a question and answer session with Twitter users on Wednesday, the troubled and suspended Australian tennis star was asked what his goals were for next year.

“More time off,” he replied.

He was also questioned about whether he had always given 100 per cent effort on the tennis court, replying “nah man”.

And he responded with “lol” when asked how he felt about playing tennis.

The world No.14 partly blamed mental fatigue for last week’s meltdown at the Shanghai Masters, which has resulted in him receiving an eight-week ban from the ATP Tour and more than $50,000 in fines.

His ban will be reduced to three weeks if he meets conditions laid down by the sport’s governing body, including consulting a sports psychologist.

However he cast doubt on that happening when he responded with “probs not” to a Twitter question about whether he would get his ban reduced after meeting with a psychologist.

Kyrgios was accused of unprofessional behaviour by the umpire during this second-round loss to Mischa Zverev in Shanghai a week ago.

Kyrgios argued with spectators after appearing to put in little effort during various stages of the match – even walking to the change of ends before one of his opponent’s serves had landed.

After the match, Kyrgios said he owed his fans nothing and admitted taking “the easy way out”.

Other thoughts from Kyrgios in Wednesday’s Twitter Q&A included him rating beating girlfriend Ajla Tomljanovic in a backhand-to-backhand game as his biggest win of the year.

He said his diet philosophy was “all day errthing” and reckoned his beloved Boston will win the 2016-17 NBA championship.

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!