Former Wallabies star James O’Connor has returned to training with French rugby union club Toulon for the first time since his health scare last month.
O’Connor has spent the past five weeks recovering after hypoglycemia and extreme fatigue caused him to collapse on the team bus, prompting French media to report he may have suffered a heart attack.
While his club denied those claims, he stayed in hospital for three days.
A Toulon club statement on Tuesday said the 25-year-old had since “undergone a series of tests and medical examinations in hospital which proved reassuring and satisfactory.
“His rugby career is in no way called into question,” they said.
However they are yet to put a timeline on his return to the playing field, saying he would need to pass a number of tests before his stint on the sideline is ended.