Capt slam report of French RWC coach split

Capt slam report of French RWC coach split

France captain Thierry Dusautoir has rubbished reports there has been a split between coach Philippe Saint-Andre and his players just days before the World Cup quarter-final against defending champions New Zealand.

“Since the start of the World Cup, the players and staff have been together and they will work together until the end of the World Cup,” Dusautoir insisted on Friday.

The 33-year-old skipper said he had “total confidence” in Saint-Andre, a former France captain who will step down after the World Cup.

French newspaper Le Nouvel Observateur published an article on Thursday citing a “source close to the players” who said there had been a players’ uprising against Saint-Andre.

“I don’t know where that’s come from, but you need to ask the person who wrote the article to tell us more,” said Dusautoir.

The journalist who wrote the article is not among the large travelling French press pack covering Les Bleus, penning the opinion piece from Paris.

“We’ve been preparing for this game against New Zealand with all the boys and coaches and manager,” Dusautoir said.

“It’s a team that is ready to play against New Zealand. I don’t really understand what people are talking about.

“It’s not really my problem, I’m just focused on what we’re doing.”

Asked whether he had confidence in Saint-Andre, Dusautoir added, “Yes, totally. We are a team and we will continue our work as a team.

“The spirit is the same since the start, there’s the same appetite.”

Dusautoir said that “everyone’s focused on playing this weekend, to win this quarter-final and to be there next week”.

“What interests me most is getting through this round.”

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!