Reynolds denies asking for Rabbits release

Reynolds denies asking for Rabbits release

South Sydney playmaker Adam Reynolds has denied seeking an immediate release to join a rival NRL club.

Reynolds said in a club statement issued on Friday afternoon that he was looking forward to season 2016 with the Rabbitohs and denied rumours he was looking elsewhere.

News Corp earlier reported Reynolds had asked to be released from the final two years of his contract after falling out with coach Michael Maguire, a request that had been knocked back by the club.

However, the 25-year-old said he was happy at Redfern and denied he was seeking an early exit.

“I have not asked for a release,” Reynolds said.

“I’m training hard and can’t wait to get onto the field with the Rabbitohs in 2016.”

Reynolds signed a two-year $1 million contract extension earlier this year and Rabbitohs chief executive John Lee moved to assure fans the No.7 would see out his deal.

“Adam is enjoying an excellent pre-season and will proudly wear the Rabbitohs jersey in 2016 and beyond,” Lee said.

The report linked Reynolds with a move to the Gold Coast, a suggestion also hosed down by the Titans.

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley said the club hadn’t spoken to him and weren’t interested in his services because of their abundance of playmakers.

The club has invested in boom youngster Kane Elgey and signed Tyrone Roberts from Newcastle and Australian under-20s halfback Ashley Taylor from Brisbane.

“There’s nothing to it. We haven’t even spoken to him,” Annesley told AAP.

“I don’t know how some of these rumours start but there’s just nothing to it whatsoever.”

“We’re pretty well served with halfbacks.”

Reynolds was named Dally M rookie of the year in his debut season in 2012 and has been mentioned as a future NSW representative.

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!