More players look set to be suspended after the Queensland Rugby League confirmed they would make a major announcement regarding their Emerging Origin camp investigation on Friday.
QRL boss Peter Betros told AAP that more players looked set to be named at a press conference in Auckland on Friday afternoon.
“It looks like we will be excluding more players,” he said.
“We have finished the investigation, we are just putting it all together.
“It (investigation) has taken a little longer than we would have hoped but … that (press conference) will hopefully be the end of it.”
Cronulla’s Valentine Holmes and Melbourne’s Cameron Munster copped 12-month Origin bans for breaking curfew at the weekend camp in Brisbane.
But a News Corp report claimed another eight players also defied new Maroons coach Kevin Walters’ orders and left the camp to go drinking on Saturday night.
The report also claimed Munster felt like a “scapegoat” and was considering appealing his ban.
The QRL organised peace talks with Melbourne CEO Dave Donaghy in Auckland on Friday to address Munster’s concerns.
“We have spoken to Melbourne. There is no issue there,” Betros told AAP on Friday.
The Nine Network on Thursday claimed Brisbane star halfback Ben Hunt had admitted to the QRL that he was among up to eight others to have broken the camp curfew.
They also said a sober Dale Copley had helped ferry fellow emerging players including Anthony Milford, Chris Grevsmuhl and Dylan Napa to Brisbane hotels in his car on Saturday night after Walters told the squad to go to bed.
Sydney Roosters recruit Copley had been identified in Mitchell Pearce’s now infamous Australia Day bender video.