WHERE DOES MITCHELL PEARCE’S ACTIONS RANK ON LIST OF NOTABLE NRL SUSPENSIONS?
* 2006 – Tevita Latu (Sharks) – Deregistered and banned for life after punching a teenage woman in the face at a service station.
* 2010 – Joel Monaghan (Raiders) – Quit Canberra and the NRL after a lewd photo of him and a dog was published on Twitter.
* 2014 – Todd Carney (Sharks) – Sacked by Cronulla and after infamous bubbler incident.
* 2013 – Blake Ferguson (Raiders) – Deregistered after indecent assault charges. Found guilty, Returned to the NRL at the start of 2015.
* 2008 – Todd Carney (Raiders) – Deregistered after a long list of indiscretions, culminating in him urinating on a man in a nightclub. Returned to the NRL after 18 months in 2010.
* 2014 – Russell Packer (Knights) – Deregistered and given 12-month ban for assault which saw him jailed.
* 2005 – Dane Tilse (Knights) – 12-month deregistration for drunken rampage at a university campus in Bathurst.
* 2012 – Robert Lui (Cowboys) – Nine-month ban for back-to-back domestic violence convictions.
* 2001 – John Hopoate (Wests Tigers) – 12-week suspension for infamous on-field finger incidents.
* 2009 – Nate Myles (Roosters) – Six-week suspension and $50,000 fine for defecating in corridor of a hotel.
* 2009 – Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles) – Four-week suspension for drunken behaviour at Manly’s season launch.
* 2009 – Brett Seymour (Sharks) – Two-game suspension and $20,000 fine for public alcoholic bender.
* 2004 – Mark Gasnier (Dragons) – One-game suspension, fined $50,000 and punted from NSW Origin team after leaving a drunken and abusive voice message after a team bonding session.
* 2014 – Mitchell Pearce (Roosters) – One-match suspension and $20,000 fine for failure to move on after the girl in yellow dress incident.
* 2014 – Paul Gallen (Sharks) – $35,000 fine – with an extra $15,000 suspended – for explicit Twitter abuse of NRL.
* 2005 – Craig Gower (Panthers) – $30,000 fine – with an extra $70,000 suspended – and stripped of Penrith captaincy for drunken and threatening behaviour at a charity golf event.
* 2009 – Paul Gallen (Sharks) – $10,000 fine and stripped of Cronulla captaincy for racial slur on Mickey Paea.
* 1999 – Julian O’Neill (Rabbitohs) – $10,000 fine for defecating in a teammate’s shoe.