Myles will always savour Queensland jersey

Nate Myles says he will never take his Queensland selection for granted again after injury threatened to cut short his State of Origin career.

Myles, 31, is a confirmed starter for Wednesday’s Origin III in Sydney after returning from a troublesome knee complaint.

The veteran prop breathed a sigh of relief after being cleared of the injury that had sparked fears for his Origin future.

Myles said he would cherish each remaining Queensland camp after making a rookie error following game one.

“I did something really silly after game one, I left my suit on the bus for game two,” Myles said.

“I dare say that is an omen not to do that again.”

Myles hopes to make up for lost time after enduring game two on the couch at home.

“It was the longest I have ever spent watching a football game (on TV),” Myles said.

“I was a rollercoaster. I wasn’t much fun.

“I was all over the shop.

“It was a bit of an eye opener, too.

“It had been so natural just coming into camp – it taught me you have to cherish every game.”

Myles moves to game No.31 for Queensland since his 2006 debut, trailing only Petero Civoniceva as the most capped forward in Origin history.

It has been enough to warrant Civoniceva comparisons from Queensland coach Kevin Walters.

“It is phenomenal,” Myles said of the comparison.

“I am comforted by that but it also makes me want to come out and do better.”

Front row partner Matt Scott said Myles was showing no sign of slowing down as Queensland looked to seal a fifth series whitewash.

“That’s 30 games now. What he’s done for the team you can’t really describe so it’s great to have him back in the mix,” he said.

“He’s a big part of this side and he’s still got a lot to offer.”

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!