Eels downplay talk of NRL court action

New Parramatta boss John Boulos has moved to downplay talk the Eels will take legal action against the NRL if they are hit by sanctions over salary cap indiscretions that occurred in 2015.

The Eels are facing the loss of four competition points over the salary cap irregularities but have been working hard under Boulos in his time as interim boss and fulltime chief executive when he was appointed to the post last month.

While Boulos was keen to point out he was confident the Eels would satisfy a governance review by the NRL, due on February 29, he moved to distance himself from talk of court action raised by Eels chairman Steve Sharp.

“I’m not really speaking about that,” Boulos told AAP.

“As far as I am concerned we are working very closely with the NRL and I am very confident that we are going to work very hard to ensure that it doesn’t come to something like that.”

The Eels will learn their fate just three days before they host the 2016 season-opener against Brisbane.

“There are lots of things we need to do, we are ticking them off as we do them and complete the recommendations and embed them into the business,” Boulos said.

NRL Auckland Nines champions Parramatta play their final trial match against Penrith at Pepper Stadium on Saturday night before enjoying a week off prior to their round one match with last season’s grand finalists the Broncos.

Parramatta will stage their official season launch on Wednesday morning, which will include naming their captain for the Eels’ 2016 campaign.

The Nine Network is reporting star recruit Kieran Foran will be unveiled as skipper at the launch.

* All Offers and Promotions posted in this article excludes NSW residents.
Stay up to date with the latest sports news
Follow our social accounts to get exclusive content and all the latest sporting news!