Sportsbet
Rodan wants to stay in AFL after Power cut
Written by: +
Filled in: AFL News | 12/10/2012 at 5:15pm

Former Richmond speedster David Rodan is confident of finding a new AFL home after being one of seven players cut by Port Adelaide on Friday.

Former vice-captain Jacob Surjan was another, along with Mitch Banner, Simon Phillips and rookie-listed trio Mitch Curnow, Jarrad Irons and Daniel Webb.

New Power coach Ken Hinkley, appointed on Monday, had input into the decisions.

Port had already lost Troy Chaplin to Richmond and Danyle Pearce to Fremantle as free agents, with Steven Salopek also looking for a new club.

So far, only one player, ex-Essendon forward Angus Monfries, has joined the Power.

The popular Rodan, 29, played 111 games over six seasons with Port after playing 65 games in five years at Richmond.

He played just 10 senior matches this year, including the last four of Port’s season.

His manager Liam Pickering said he was determined to remain in the AFL.

“Absolutely he’s going to play on,” Pickering said.

“Is there going to be interest from other clubs? I’m very confident there will be.”

Surjan, 27, a reliable 121-game defender, also wants to play on.

Power football manager Peter Rohde also said the club remained interested in ex-Melbourne forward Liam Jurrah.

The 24-year-old, due to face trial in Alice Springs in March over an alleged machete attack, walked out on the Demons in September.

“There’s no doubt we’ll be talking to him again at some stage. Ken (Hinkley) has an interest in it,” Rohde told the AFL website.

He said the club would consider rookie-listing Jurrah.

[fbcomments]
CENTREBET IASBET Sports Betting LUXBET SPORTINGBET